Posts for: February, 2019
Your dentists, Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage, in Fenton, MO, know patients want to have better-looking smiles, but sometimes the cost can be too high. One of the best cosmetic dentistry procedure options to help improve the aesthetic of your teeth is veneers.
More About Veneers
Veneers are made of thin porcelain and used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged.
When you come into the Fenton office, your doctor will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they decide you are a good candidate, then they'll first deal with any underlying issues, like cavities, first.
Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth and send it to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
Your dentist will then remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth then cement the veneers. Your dentist removes some enamel, an irreversible process, you don't feel like your teeth are protruding. Your new veneers will feel smooth and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
Veneers fix a variety of issues, such as:
- Stained or discolored teeth, usually a result of drinking coffee or tea, poor hygiene, smoking, chewing tobacco, or tetracycline-containing.
- Mishappened teeth, like crooked, overcrowded, and irregularly shaped teeth.
You need to make sure you take proper care of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once before bed.
- Change your toothbrush when it's frayed is important to ensure teeth are properly cleaned.
- Make sure you use fluoride-containing toothpaste and water.
- Select an efficient and healthy diet like carrots or apples that scrape teeth clean.
Need a consultation?
For more information on veneers or other cosmetic dentistry procedures, contact your dentists in Fenton, MO, by calling (636) 225-1777. We will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!