For many people, a smile they love is the key to feeling confident about the way they look. However, this may take some help from your cosmetic dentist. Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term for many procedures which can improve your smile both aesthetically and functionally. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for you with Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO.
What procedures are considered cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry in Fenton, MO, focuses on changing the look of your smile and, in some cases, can help improve its functionality as well. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening can benefit almost anyone who wishes to give their smile a boost. We offer a simple dentist-monitored at-home whitening system. You wear a whitening tray that holds a bleaching gel and will gradually whiten your smile. This process is monitored by the dentist until the desired results occur. This bleaching gel is stronger than over-the-counter whitening products so you'll get a better result, and it can be refreshed if needed every 6 months or so to keep your teeth bright and white.
- Veneers: Dental veneers change the size, shape, length, width or color of a tooth. The veneer itself fits onto the surface of a tooth and covers imperfections like yellowing or discolorations, chips, cracks and slight gaps or overlaps. Veneers can completely overhaul your smile to give you a totally different look or can simply repair a single damaged tooth to blend it back into your smile naturally.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth and its root. This procedure is the most effective and permanent choice for replacing a tooth. Your Fenton dentist implants a titanium post into the jawbone where it integrates with the rest of your jawbone over time. Once healed, the implant holds a prosthetic tooth in place. Implants can also replace several teeth in a row using a dental bridge or all of your teeth using a denture.
- Bonding: Dental bonding uses composite resin materials molded directly onto the tooth to reshape it. Bonding is a good option for patients who have an uneven or chipped tooth.
- Braces: Orthodontic care is a great way to straighten your smile and correct bite issues. In the past, the only option for braces was with traditional metal brackets and wires. However, you can now choose from other, more subtle, options like tooth-colored ceramic braces or Invisalign aligner trays.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage at Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO. Call (636) 225-1777 to schedule your appointment today!