Posts for tag: teeth whitening
Improving your appearance is easy when you opt for at-home teeth whitening provided by your Fenton, MO, dentists, Drs. Thomas and Andrew Kemlage. The teeth whitening procedure isn't complicated and offers impressive results.
How does at-home whitening work?
Whitening your teeth at home can be accomplished in two ways. You can buy a do-it-yourself kit online or at a Felton store, or use an at-home whitening kit provided by your dentist.
DIY kits have a few disadvantages. If you use one of these kits, it may take a long time to notice any change in your smile, and even then, the improvement might not be as dramatic as you hoped. It's not always easy to obtain a good fit with the one-size-fits-all trays in drugstore kits. Unfortunately, a poor fit can cause uneven whitening or even be a factor in tooth sensitivity if the whitening gel comes in contact with your roots and gums.
The at-home whitening kits offered by your dentist provide two important benefits:
- Better Results: During your visit to the dental office, your trays will be molded to fit your teeth perfectly, eliminating concerns about uneven results. The whitening gel your dentist gives you contains a stronger formulation of hydrogen peroxide than you'll find in over-the-counter kits. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural stain remover that breaks apart the dark pigments that cause tooth stains. The gel can lighten your teeth by three to eight shades.
- Safety: Thanks to your custom trays, the whitening gel won't seep onto your gums, causing sensitivity.
You'll be given instructions on how to use the gel and the trays and, of course, can always call should you have any questions or concerns during the whitening process. Your dentist will tell you how often you should the whitening trays. Trays are often used for one hour a day for about two or three weeks. At-home trays also offer a convenient way to touch up your results throughout the year.
Could an at-home teeth whitening procedure upgrade your smile? Call your dentists in Fenton, MO, Drs. Thomas and Andrew Kemlage, at (636) 225-1777 to schedule your appointment.
At Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO, Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage offer the finest in cosmetic dentistry services. Supplying whatever you need to remake your less than perfect smile, this professional team loves to see patients happy with their aesthetic makeovers. After all, looking your very best is a personal asset that helps you both socially and professionally.
The keys to excellent cosmetic dentistry
There are really two: a realistic, detailed treatment plan and excellent artistic skill. You can find both at Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton as cosmetic smile makeovers change smiles and lives, too.
A realistic, detailed treatment plan begins with a complete oral examination by Dr. Kemlage. He'll make sure your teeth are healthy and your gums, pink and intact. He'll look at your dental bite and jaw joint function and discover any signs of excessive wear or dark tooth color.
Additionally, your Fenton cosmetic dentist will ask you how you wish to enhance your teeth and gums. Do you dislike some obvious dental stains from coffee, tobacco or the aging process? Or, are those fine cracks on some lower front teeth becoming more and more obvious? Together, you and your dentist will decide what kind of treatment would suit you best, and in the end, you'll love the results.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Professional teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic treatment. This in-office or at-home service lifts yellow, brown, and just plain unattractive stains from tooth surfaces, leaving smiles shiny and several shades brighter with little to no residual sensitivity.
Another simple, but effective, service is composite resin bonding. This one-visit treatment adds a tooth-colored mixture of glass and acrylic to flaws such as cracks, small gaps, and pits, creating a strong and natural-looking repair which lasts for years. This is the same material Dr. Kemlage uses in white fillings.
Often, bonding pairs with enamel contouring. This is a painless reshaping of uneven enamel.
For more substantial defects, Dr. Kemlage may suggest porcelain veneers, or dental laminates. These thin porcelain shells disguise damage from injury, stains, and more.
Finally, Dr. Kemlage features dental implants, bridgework, CEREC same-day crowns, inlays and onlays, and specialty dentures to combine the best in restoration and tooth replacement with excellent aesthetics. In other words, whatever you need to create a great looking and functioning smile, the team at Kemlage Family Dentistry can provide it on site in a caring, patient-centered manner.
What's your need?
Talk it over with Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage at Kemlage Family Dentistry. You'll love their amazing ideas, listening ears and comfortable treatments that focus on your best possible smile. Call today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation in Fenton, MO: (636) 225-1777.
For many people, a smile they love is the key to feeling confident about the way they look. However, this may take some help from your cosmetic dentist. Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term for many procedures which can improve your smile both aesthetically and functionally. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for you with Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO.
What procedures are considered cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry in Fenton, MO, focuses on changing the look of your smile and, in some cases, can help improve its functionality as well. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening can benefit almost anyone who wishes to give their smile a boost. We offer a simple dentist-monitored at-home whitening system. You wear a whitening tray that holds a bleaching gel and will gradually whiten your smile. This process is monitored by the dentist until the desired results occur. This bleaching gel is stronger than over-the-counter whitening products so you'll get a better result, and it can be refreshed if needed every 6 months or so to keep your teeth bright and white.
- Veneers: Dental veneers change the size, shape, length, width or color of a tooth. The veneer itself fits onto the surface of a tooth and covers imperfections like yellowing or discolorations, chips, cracks and slight gaps or overlaps. Veneers can completely overhaul your smile to give you a totally different look or can simply repair a single damaged tooth to blend it back into your smile naturally.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth and its root. This procedure is the most effective and permanent choice for replacing a tooth. Your Fenton dentist implants a titanium post into the jawbone where it integrates with the rest of your jawbone over time. Once healed, the implant holds a prosthetic tooth in place. Implants can also replace several teeth in a row using a dental bridge or all of your teeth using a denture.
- Bonding: Dental bonding uses composite resin materials molded directly onto the tooth to reshape it. Bonding is a good option for patients who have an uneven or chipped tooth.
- Braces: Orthodontic care is a great way to straighten your smile and correct bite issues. In the past, the only option for braces was with traditional metal brackets and wires. However, you can now choose from other, more subtle, options like tooth-colored ceramic braces or Invisalign aligner trays.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage at Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO. Call (636) 225-1777 to schedule your appointment today!
Academy Award-winning actress Kathy Bates knows how important it is to present your best face to the world — and one of the most important features of that face is a beaming smile. But there came a point when she noticed something was a little off. “I've always had good teeth, but it seemed to me as I was getting older that they weren't looking as good,” Kathy explained in a recent interview with Dear Doctor magazine.
That's when she decided it was time to take action. Kathy had orthodontic treatment when she was in her fifties, and she keeps her smile bright with tooth whitening treatments. She uses a kit provided by her dentist with a safe, effective whitening solution.
Of course, a bright, healthy smile looks great anywhere — whether you're on the red carpet or “off the grid.” And you don't have to be a Hollywood star to have professional whitening treatments. In fact, teeth whitening is one of the most popular and affordable cosmetic treatments modern dentistry offers.
The basic options for professional teeth whitening include in-office bleaching or take-home kits. Both types of dentist-supervised treatments offer a safe and effective means of getting a brighter smile; the main difference is how long they take to produce results. A single one-hour treatment in the office can make your teeth up to ten shades lighter — a big difference! To get that same lightening with at-home trays, it would take several days. On the plus side, the take-home kit is less expensive, and can achieve the same results in a bit more time.
It's important to note that not all teeth can be whitened with these treatments. Some teeth have intrinsic (internal) stains that aren't affected by external agents like bleaches. Also, teeth that have been restored (with bonding or veneers, for example) generally won't change color. And you can't necessarily whiten your teeth to any degree: Every tooth has a maximum whiteness, and adding more bleach won't lighten it beyond that level. Most people, however, find that teeth whitening treatments produce noticeable and pleasing results.
What about those off-the-shelf kits or in-the-mall kiosks? They might work… or they might not. But one thing's for sure: Without a dentist's supervision, you're on your own. That's the main reason why you should go with a pro if you're considering teeth whitening. We not only ensure that your treatment is safe — we can also give you a realistic idea of what results to expect, and we will make sure that other dental problems aren't keeping you from having a great-looking smile.
How often does Kathy Bates see her dentist for a checkup and cleaning? “I go about every four months,” she noted. “I'm pretty careful about it.” And if you've seen her smile, you can tell that it pays off. If you would like more information about teeth whitening, please contact us or schedule an appointment. You can learn more in the Dear Doctor magazine articles “Important Teeth Whitening Questions Answered” and “Teeth Whitening.”
Find out if professional teeth whitening is the right choice for your smile needs.
A radiant smile is anything if not stunning. It’s hard to notice anything else when someone we meet has a glowing smile. If lately you’ve started to notice that your teeth aren’t as effervescent as they once were and are now fraught with stains then it might be time you talked to your Fenton cosmetic dentists Drs. Thomas and Andrew Kemlage about teeth whitening.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
A popular form of whitening is dentist-monitored at-home whitening systems. These custom-made dental trays will hold bleaching gel to gradually whiten your smile over the course of several weeks. Some systems only require that you wear your trays for an hour each day while others may need you to wear them longer.
Why Should I Consider Professional Whitening?
It can be a difficult decision to make, especially when commercial products are significantly cheaper, but there are some benefits that you’ll only be able to reap with professional teeth whitening:
- Professional bleaching gels are stronger than over-the-counter products so you’ll get better results faster.
- Professional whitening is monitored by your dentist, which not only makes it safer for your smile but also prevents issues such as tooth sensitivity.
- The whitening results you get from professional whitening can last years if you properly care for your smile. Over-the-counter products, on the other hand, can’t offer the same long-term results.
Get a smile that makes a good first impression every time. To find out if in-office teeth whitening is the best cosmetic dentistry for your goals call your cosmetic dentists in Fenton. Let us give your smile the TLC it deserves.