Posts for tag: veneers
Your dentists, Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage, in Fenton, MO, know patients want to have better-looking smiles, but sometimes the cost can be too high. One of the best cosmetic dentistry procedure options to help improve the aesthetic of your teeth is veneers.
More About Veneers
Veneers are made of thin porcelain and used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged.
When you come into the Fenton office, your doctor will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they decide you are a good candidate, then they'll first deal with any underlying issues, like cavities, first.
Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth and send it to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
Your dentist will then remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth then cement the veneers. Your dentist removes some enamel, an irreversible process, you don't feel like your teeth are protruding. Your new veneers will feel smooth and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
Veneers fix a variety of issues, such as:
- Stained or discolored teeth, usually a result of drinking coffee or tea, poor hygiene, smoking, chewing tobacco, or tetracycline-containing.
- Mishappened teeth, like crooked, overcrowded, and irregularly shaped teeth.
You need to make sure you take proper care of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once before bed.
- Change your toothbrush when it's frayed is important to ensure teeth are properly cleaned.
- Make sure you use fluoride-containing toothpaste and water.
- Select an efficient and healthy diet like carrots or apples that scrape teeth clean.
Need a consultation?
For more information on veneers or other cosmetic dentistry procedures, contact your dentists in Fenton, MO, by calling (636) 225-1777. We will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!
At Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO, Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage offer the finest in cosmetic dentistry services. Supplying whatever you need to remake your less than perfect smile, this professional team loves to see patients happy with their aesthetic makeovers. After all, looking your very best is a personal asset that helps you both socially and professionally.
The keys to excellent cosmetic dentistry
There are really two: a realistic, detailed treatment plan and excellent artistic skill. You can find both at Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton as cosmetic smile makeovers change smiles and lives, too.
A realistic, detailed treatment plan begins with a complete oral examination by Dr. Kemlage. He'll make sure your teeth are healthy and your gums, pink and intact. He'll look at your dental bite and jaw joint function and discover any signs of excessive wear or dark tooth color.
Additionally, your Fenton cosmetic dentist will ask you how you wish to enhance your teeth and gums. Do you dislike some obvious dental stains from coffee, tobacco or the aging process? Or, are those fine cracks on some lower front teeth becoming more and more obvious? Together, you and your dentist will decide what kind of treatment would suit you best, and in the end, you'll love the results.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Professional teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic treatment. This in-office or at-home service lifts yellow, brown, and just plain unattractive stains from tooth surfaces, leaving smiles shiny and several shades brighter with little to no residual sensitivity.
Another simple, but effective, service is composite resin bonding. This one-visit treatment adds a tooth-colored mixture of glass and acrylic to flaws such as cracks, small gaps, and pits, creating a strong and natural-looking repair which lasts for years. This is the same material Dr. Kemlage uses in white fillings.
Often, bonding pairs with enamel contouring. This is a painless reshaping of uneven enamel.
For more substantial defects, Dr. Kemlage may suggest porcelain veneers, or dental laminates. These thin porcelain shells disguise damage from injury, stains, and more.
Finally, Dr. Kemlage features dental implants, bridgework, CEREC same-day crowns, inlays and onlays, and specialty dentures to combine the best in restoration and tooth replacement with excellent aesthetics. In other words, whatever you need to create a great looking and functioning smile, the team at Kemlage Family Dentistry can provide it on site in a caring, patient-centered manner.
What's your need?
Talk it over with Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage at Kemlage Family Dentistry. You'll love their amazing ideas, listening ears and comfortable treatments that focus on your best possible smile. Call today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation in Fenton, MO: (636) 225-1777.
Want a more beautiful smile?
Your Fenton, MO, dentists, Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage, have a great solution that's both cost effective and time saving. If you're interested in finding out more about veneers and how they can help you, then you've come to the right place!
Who needs veneers?
Think of veneers as a resurfacing process. Your Fenton, MO dentists eliminate the flaws ruining your smile. Here are some examples of what veneers can cover:
- Dents, grooves, cracks and fractures found on the surface of your teeth that may have been caused by injury, for example.
- Slight gaps, overcrowdedness, and crooked and misshaped teeth can be fixed. These issues can simply be hereditary, but cause issues with bite and chewing function.
- Discoloration and stains can be removed to give you a brighter smile. Discoloration could be due to age or other factors like smoking or drinking tea and coffee.
What's the process like?
Veneers are porcelain shells that are installed to the surface of your teeth. They have color stability, which means they are resistant to staining.
This is what the process is like:
- The dentist will examine your teeth and make sure you have no severe issues, like cavities, that may need to be treated first. Then he will assess whether veneers are right for you.
- If you're a good fit, the dentists will remove some enamel off the surface of your teeth. This is a permanent procedure, so make sure veneers are something you are comfortable with. The enamel is removed so the veneers align properly with the rest of your natural teeth or other veneers that will be installed as well.
How to care for veneers?
Porcelain veneers are strong, but it's important to take proper care of them. Brushing and flossing are essential, and don't skip your bi-yearly exam with your doctor.
Veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, so call Kemlage Family Dentisty in Fenton, MO, today!
For many people, a smile they love is the key to feeling confident about the way they look. However, this may take some help from your cosmetic dentist. Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term for many procedures which can improve your smile both aesthetically and functionally. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for you with Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO.
What procedures are considered cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry in Fenton, MO, focuses on changing the look of your smile and, in some cases, can help improve its functionality as well. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening can benefit almost anyone who wishes to give their smile a boost. We offer a simple dentist-monitored at-home whitening system. You wear a whitening tray that holds a bleaching gel and will gradually whiten your smile. This process is monitored by the dentist until the desired results occur. This bleaching gel is stronger than over-the-counter whitening products so you'll get a better result, and it can be refreshed if needed every 6 months or so to keep your teeth bright and white.
- Veneers: Dental veneers change the size, shape, length, width or color of a tooth. The veneer itself fits onto the surface of a tooth and covers imperfections like yellowing or discolorations, chips, cracks and slight gaps or overlaps. Veneers can completely overhaul your smile to give you a totally different look or can simply repair a single damaged tooth to blend it back into your smile naturally.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth and its root. This procedure is the most effective and permanent choice for replacing a tooth. Your Fenton dentist implants a titanium post into the jawbone where it integrates with the rest of your jawbone over time. Once healed, the implant holds a prosthetic tooth in place. Implants can also replace several teeth in a row using a dental bridge or all of your teeth using a denture.
- Bonding: Dental bonding uses composite resin materials molded directly onto the tooth to reshape it. Bonding is a good option for patients who have an uneven or chipped tooth.
- Braces: Orthodontic care is a great way to straighten your smile and correct bite issues. In the past, the only option for braces was with traditional metal brackets and wires. However, you can now choose from other, more subtle, options like tooth-colored ceramic braces or Invisalign aligner trays.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Thomas Kemlage and Dr. Andrew Kemlage at Kemlage Family Dentistry in Fenton, MO. Call (636) 225-1777 to schedule your appointment today!
Are you embarrassed by your chipped, cracked or yellowed teeth? Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, why not have a big, white, beautiful smile to show off? With veneers, you can simply cover your teeth’s abnormalities like chips or stains. In two, and sometimes one, dental appointments, you can renew your smile and have the pearly whites you’ve always wanted.
What are veneers?
Veneers are a thin shell of porcelain which covers the front of your tooth or teeth. They can be customized for your teeth in the dental office using one-visit CEREC technology. Veneers provide a natural appearance thanks to the porcelain’s tooth-like, light-reflecting qualities. The extra care put into color-matching the porcelain to your surrounding teeth makes them virtually impossible to spot amid your natural teeth. Veneers can cover abnormalities and flaws such as:
- broken teeth
- slightly misaligned or overlapped teeth
- yellowed or stained teeth
- teeth with gaps between them
What are the benefits of veneers?
- Natural Appearance: Veneers blend in flawlessly with your natural teeth. They fit, feel and function exactly like your natural teeth, and do not require any extra care.
- Quick and Easy: In one dental appointment, your veneers are designed, created and placed onto your teeth; therefore, you leave with a beautiful smile from the get-go.
- Durable: Veneers last for years with the proper care. Avoiding dark-colored food and drinks which can stain the teeth keeps your veneers bright and white. Brushing and flossing twice a day helps to extend the life of your veneers. Commitment to biannual dental appointments allows your dentist to monitor your veneers and adjust or replace them if necessary.
Are veneers right for me?
If you have small abnormalities in your teeth that you want to cover, you are probably a good candidate for veneers. Patients should have healthy oral tissues and general good dental health. Those patients with a tooth grinding habit, heavily restored teeth or severely abnormal bites may not be a good candidate for veneers.
For more information on dental veneers in the Fenton, MO area, contact Dr. Thomas Kemlage, DDS and Andrew Kemlage, DDS at Kemlage Family Dentistry. Call (636) 225-1777 to speak with an associate about scheduling an appointment today!